6.21.2007

No action lately

Jeez! I haven't posted anything here for a while. There hasn't been much action in the Tacloban airsoft community or at least i haven't been to the regular games lately. Last time i played was June 10 (sunday). It wasn't quite as i expected; i had battery problems i.e. my battery ran out of juice in the middle of the second game :-(. I have to get a better battery maybe higher amperage would give me enough juice to last a couple of games.

My playing style too has changed. This is why my battery ran out of juice the last time i played. I have now truly added "firing for effect" to my arsenal of firing strategies. I used to rely on it little, maybe just to find out if someone was lurking in a corridor waiting in ambush.

Now i fire to keep people from moving (i.e. to pin them down)so that i can maneuver while they are busy hiding. The downside is that you extract more juice from your battery this way because you're not actually firing to hit anybody. You fire just to make them think twice about peeping out a doorway, hallway, or taking quick snap-look down a corridor. The advantage here is that it allows one to move while the enemy is not watching; there's a lot of surprise this way for the enemy.

I'm aching to try out a field/jungle game soon, though. The EVSU CQB site is becoming a bit too "used". Good that we know the most of the best hiding spots for ambushes, "angle" positions both for cover and firing. The layout at EVSU has become a bit to familiar and some (like myself) long for unfamiliar terrain, which means greater uncertainty in the game. Greater uncertainty = greater excitement ... i think!

I guess, this lull in airsoft action in the city is can be traced to our expectations that there would be a tournament this June (maybe even a couple of them). After the long "siesta" due to the election gun ban (which also covered airsoft guns), people were so excited to play and wanted to reserve their "angst" for whatever tournament came along. Dark Wing Duck was the first to stretch it's flabby wings and get some fat-reducing tournament exercise in Ormoc last May in Operation Friendly Fire, which i wrote about previously. I don't know about the rest of the teams.

So, here's to looking forward to more action towards end-June and hopefully a tournament (wink, wink at TEAMLAS officers).

No comments: