5.24.2007

Off to Ormoc on Sunday!

My brother-in-law asked me and my son to join their team for an airsoft competition in Ormoc City this sunday. Exciting and scary! It's going to be my first time to participate in organized airsoft competition. Whatever i may feel, i am looking forward to playing.

It's also going to be the first time that will play for a specific team in an organized competition. We had a team briefing the other day (tuesday) for newbies like myself (and my son). Overall team strategy and tactics were discussed using a whiteboard since there's no time for us to practice with the team.

But the main idea is to think about the team above everything else. No lone wolf stuff during competition. Team leader/s will give us specific assignments/roles, and for as long as we do them everything will work well for the team. The one thing that's difficult about this upcoming competition is that the team has not seen me and the other newbies play yet. They don't know what roles we can play or how we will fit into the team's playing style and strategy.

we'll see soon enough. I just hope that i can carry my own weight during the games. There are so many things to consider, but we just need to be smart about it. But if we can be smart about the game, then so can others. What this all will boil down to is skill and team tactics/strategy.

No comments: